Listen to this article:
As a parent, finding the best source of nutrition for your child is incredibly important. Some pediatricians may recommend going beyond filling your child's plate with fruits, veggies, and healthy proteins. Rather, they might recommend introducing a nutritional supplement into your child’s diet to promote vitality and development.
To that end, if you’re a parent starting your search for the right nutritional supplement, you may begin by walking up and down grocery store aisles, comparing products, trying to decipher long ingredient lists, and “Googling” where each complex-sounding ingredient comes from. Unfortunately, leading brands like PediaSure aren’t always the best options.
So is there a healthy alternative to Pediasure?
Simply put: yes.
Else Nutrition's Plant-Powered Complete Nutrition Shakes for Kids offer a natural alternative to PediaSure packed with organic whole foods to promote healthy growth. Read on to find out more about this alternative to Pediasure.
The Benefits to Else
Else Nutrition provides a dairy-free Pediasure alternative, Else Kids, packed with natural ingredients rich in vitamins and fiber, one that’s completely plant-based. In other words, it’s vegan.
The word “vegan” may be intimidating as it’s often synonymous with the idea of cutting foods out of your diet. However, in this case, less is more. Else Nutrition’s alternative to Pediasure uses mainly whole food, plant-based ingredients, and 50% less sugar.
With only three key ingredients, Else’s natural alternative to Pediasure is free from harmful substances. Let’s take a look at what can be found in Else Nutrition products:
- Almonds – Almonds are brain boosters. Full of healthy fats, fiber, vitamin E, and known for their anti-inflammatory properties, almonds support the immune system and help build strong bones. They also lift energy levels so your child can stay active and attentive throughout the school day.
Tapioca – Rich in calcium, fiber, iron, and vitamin C, tapioca is one of the three main ingredients in Else’s nutritional supplement health drink. Being that it’s a gluten-free carbohydrate, tapioca is also free from allergens. It’s easy to break down, and digest which means for babies and young kids, the nutrients found in tapioca are easily absorbed. Tapioca may not have a strong flavor, but it easily absorbs the flavors of foods it’s mixed with.
- Buckwheat – Similar to almonds and tapioca, buckwheat is a gluten-free carbohydrate full of energy-boosting minerals such as magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, copper, and iron. It contains necessary proteins, fibers, and antioxidants as well.
Each ingredient in this healthy alternative to Pediasure is sustainable and natural. Additionally Else Plant-Powered Complete Nutrition Shakes have 50% less sugar than the leading brands.
Pediasure vs. Else Kids: The Difference Between the Supplements
As a parent, your child’s health and safety take precedence over anything else. What your child consumes may determine how they age and develop. In which case, eating a balanced diet and consuming the right nutritional supplement can help bolster their emotional and physical well-being.
That’s why it’s important to provide your child with organic supplements. While PediaSure may be heavily advertised, that doesn’t mean it’s the cleanest source of nutrients.
- Pediasure’s Ingredients – Before we break down the ingredients found in Pediasure, let’s discuss the best way to read and understand an ingredients list. When reading the processed ingredients on the back of food packaging, it’s important to note foods are listed in order of weight, starting with the processed ingredients that weighs the most. This means the ingredients listed closer to the top are more prominent in the food item.
- When analyzing Pediasure’s ingredients, we find the second ingredient listed is sugar. In fact, about 30% of the calories provided in Pediasure come from sugar. This means your child is consuming more processed sugar than whole food ingredients when drinking Pediasure. In fact, Else Nutrition products contain at least 50% less sugar than the leading milk-based and plant based alternatives.
- Pediasure uses artificial flavoring in its supplement health drink products. If you are trying to avoid artificial flavorings, it is best to choose different products. Else only use natural flavors in all of their nutritional drink products.
The Else Nutrition Difference
Else is the dairy-free Pediasure alternative.
Unlike milk-based supplements, Else Nutrition's Kids smoothie and shakes:
- Are made from natural and minimally processed whole-food ingredients
- Do not contain dairy, egg, soy, corn, wheat, peanut, or fish ingredients.
- Free of added gums and fillers
- Contain at least 50% less sugar per serving compared to the leading alternatives, while maintaining a great taste that children love
- Certified kosher, suitable for halal, and plant-based diets
- Use 95% whole-food plant-based ingredients
Feeding your child with milk-based supplements (i.e. Pediasure) may mean greater difficulty digesting the supplement. With Else, the potential inability to breakdown and process milk-based products is omitted. Else nutritional alternatives may soothe sensitive stomachs and also provide nutrients for children with food intolerances like lactose intolerance.
Additionally, providing your child with a predominantly plant-based diet means they’ll be consuming large amounts of vitamins, zinc, and calcium. However, vegetables don’t always appeal to children. Rather than having to find creative and obscure ways to mask vegetables in your child’s food, Else nutrition supplies your young one with the necessary nutrients while never straying from the plant-based diet.
The all-natural and simple ingredient list means you won’t have to waste time figuring out what each ingredient is. Knowing exactly what your child is consuming is the only path forward when mapping a diet that promotes their vitality.
Not only is it one less thing to worry about as a parent, but it’s also easy to create a routine out of.
Else Nutrition, the Right Way to Supplement
As parents, we watch our kids grow up at lightspeed. One second we’re teaching them to walk, and the next, they’re heading off to college. So before our little ones develop into their bodies, we try our hardest to provide them with a nutritional diet full of ingredients we know, consume, and trust.
If you’re looking for milk alternatives that avoids the sugar-filled supplements - draw your attention towards the plant-based, clean, all-natural, whole-food-filled Else Plant-Powered Complete Nutrition Shakes for Kids. Else Nutrition ensures the essential nutrients such as healthy fats, protein, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B-12 for your child.
Else is on a mission to provide a healthier, dairy-free diet for babies and toddlers. They deserve to enjoy a diet made with the same love you shower them with every day. So if you’re looking for a healthy alternative to PediaSure, then you’ve found it.
Else Nutrition. (0AD). The Else difference.
A., By, -, & Arora, M. (2019, June 1). Giving Almonds to Kids: Benefits, Side Effects & Recipes
Palvanov, D., Veronica, CATRYNA49, Sabelmouse, Kapusta, K., Dorit, ...margo2blog.site. (2020, January 19). Why PediaSure © Is The Worst Thing You Can Do For Your Picky Eater?
Patel, L. (0AD). Plant-Based Diets: Are They Good for Kids?
The content and advice provided in this article is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical diagnosis, treatment, advice for specific medical conditions. Always consult a pediatrician to understand the individual needs of your child.