When the craving for a frozen treat hits, this “ice cream” recipe will help satisfy your kids sweet tooth without tons of sugar or fat found in traditional ice cream. Plus, it’s dairy free so everyone can enjoy it!
It tastes like a cross between chocolate soft serve ice cream and a classic fudge popsicle. The best part? No long wait time for it to freeze!
Makes 2 servings
1 gallon size food storage bag
2 quart size food storage bags
4 cups ice cubes
⅓ cup salt
1 cup regular almond milk
4 scoops Else toddler formula
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbsp coconut sugar
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine almond milk, Else, cocoa, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend on medium-high speed until well-mixed and frothy.
- Pour mixture into a quart size food storage bag. Seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Place this bag inside the second quart size food storage bag and seal.
- Place ice cubes in the gallon size storage bag. Sprinkle salt on top of the ice cubes.
- Place the bagged ice cream mixture on top of the ice. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag.
- Get the whole family involved and take turns shaking the bag until the ice cream freezes. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Carefully take the ice cream out of the bag, divide between two bowls, and top with your favorite toppings.
Note: This ice cream is best eaten right away, but you can pop the mixture in the freezer to enjoy later. Be aware it will harden and become more icy in the freezer.
For one serving:
Total Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: Less than 1 gram
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 100 milligrams
Carbohydrate: 27.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sugar: 15 grams
Protein: 3.5 grams
Leave a comment