Make these fun, delicious and nutritious, dairy-free and rose-shaped chocolate bombs inspired by The Bachelor and made by Emmy and Jade. It's the perfect treat to surprise your loved ones on Valentine's Day!
Vday Special: Use code Rose20 for 20% off your order
Makes 3 bombs
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 scoops Else toddler formula (approximately 2 tbsp)
1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life or Nestle Simply Delicious)
6 tbsp mini marshmallows
3 cups unsweetened almond milk or other dairy-free milk
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
To make the chocolate bombs:
- Whisk together cocoa powder and Else formula. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds, then stir with a spatula, scraping bottom and sides of the bowl. Place the bowl back in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, then stir again. Repeat this process, microwaving no longer than 10-15 seconds at a time, until the chocolate chips have begun to melt. Stir until no lumps remain, letting the residual heat of the bowl finish the melting process.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of melted chocolate into each mold. Use the back of the tablespoon to evenly coat the bottom and sides of the mold. Be sure to spread the chocolate all the way to the rim of the mold to ensure a thick edge that won’t crack. (Note: If using an intricate mold, it may be easier to use a new, clean paint brush to spread the chocolate.)
- Place the mold in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until chocolate is completely hardened.
- Remove chocolate from molds by gently pressing from the bottom of the mold while peeling away the sides of the mold. (Note: you may want to wear gloves to prevent melting the chocolate with the warmth of your hands!)
- Set 3 of the chocolate molds on a plate or rimmed baking sheet. Fill each half with 1 ½ tablespoons of the cocoa mixture and 2 tablespoons of mini marshmallows.
- Heat a microwave-safe plate in the microwave or a small skillet set over medium-low heat until just warm. Working one at a time, place the remaining 3 chocolate molds open-side down on the plate or skillet until the edge begins to melt.
- Position a chocolate half with melted edge over one of the cocoa-filled chocolate halves. Use a finger to spread the melted chocolate around the seam between the two halves. Repeat until all bombs have been assembled, then return to the freezer for another 5 minutes to let the chocolate seams harden.
To serve chocolate bombs:
- Heat almond milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until steaming.
- Stir in maple syrup and vanilla extract and remove from heat.
- Set out 3 mugs and place 1 chocolate bomb in the bottom of each mug.
- Pour 1 cup of almond milk mixture into each mug.
- Stir when the bomb has finished melting and enjoy!
Estimated Nutrition Information
For 1 bomb prepared with 1 cup almond milk mixture:
Fat: 29 grams
Saturated Fat: 14 grams
Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Sodium: 140 milligrams
Carbohydrate: 54 grams
Fiber: 11 grams
Total Sugar: 32 grams
Added Sugar: 30 grams
Protein: 6.5 grams
Leave a comment