1 cup old-fashioned oats
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 flax “eggs” (mix 2 tbsp ground flax seed into 6 tbsp room temp water and let it sit for 5 minutes)
2 tbsp maple syrup
¼ cup almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
3 scoops Creamy Vanilla Else
1 cup peeled apple, chopped
Additional apple slices, for topping
2 tbsp powdered sugar, for glaze, optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease an 8-inch round or square cake pan with cooking spray.
- Place oats, applesauce, flax “eggs”, maple syrup, almond milk, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and Else in the jar of a high-speed blender. Blend on medium-high speed for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until oats are blended and a batter forms.
- Transfer batter to a medium mixing bowl and stir in chopped apple pieces.
- Pour batter into the greased cake pan. Top with additional apple slices, if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes before glazing. To make a glaze, place powdered sugar in a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon of water or almond milk at a time until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle across the top of the cake and serve. Leftovers can be wrapped and kept at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
For ⅙ of cake
Fat: 3 grams
Saturated Fat: Less than 1 gram
Sodium: 208 milligrams
Carbohydrate: 29 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sugar: 12.5 grams
Protein: 3 grams